Monday 1 September 2014

Chaper One - In Which The Scene Is Set

"Books!" said Tuppence.

She produced the word rather with the effect of a bad-tempered explosion.

"What did you say?" said Tommy.

Tuppence looked across the room at him.

"I said "books"," she said.


These are the opening lines to "Postern of Fate" by the great Dame Agatha Christie, which features the detective husband and wife pair, Tommy and Tuppence. And what better way to start my first blog post than with a quote by arguably the most famous crime novelist? Books, indeed!

I am mad about books, and more specifically, books from the period of time known as "The Golden Age of Detective Fiction". Give me a Christie, a Cain or a Crofts and I will happily devour it. I am always prepared to give an unknown or forgotten author a go, as well as the stalwarts of the genre.

This blog will be the place I turn to with all my bookish thoughts! Expect to see book reviews, author recommendations, forgotten novels and novelists, and lashings of ginger beer!

So whether you are an Agatha admirer, a whodunit hound or just an overall book buff, please keep a look out for further instalments!




-Body in the Library











No comments:

Post a Comment